Quick Poll: Has your chronic pain turned you into a control freak?

By Dr GaryCA Latest Activity August 9 at 4:20 pm Views 48

Dr Gary

My clients often talk to me about staying in control of the day-to-day details in their lives.

Some have told me that living with a chronic condition, and doing everything they need to do to take care of themselves has caused them to pretty much take control of everything. They talk about how it has become so second nature to manage every last detail that they don’t know how to turn it off. Sometimes to the annoyance of the people around them.

Others tell me they have made a concentrated effort to give their need to control a rest, even to be a little more laid back in areas of life outside of their healthcare.

But often, even clients who have let go of the need to sweat the small stuff have talked about how, when they were initially diagnosed, they went through a period of time where the anxiety about being in control landed all over the place. And how it took some time to get their balance back.

How about you? Where are you on the control continuum? Sweating the small stuff? More on the laid back side? Still figuring out the balance thing? Or does it just depend on the day?

Here’s a link to an article I wrote on this topic recently:

http://www.chronicpainconnect.com/chronic-pai...

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (No replies)

Add your reply Reply Down