Chronic pain due to sciatica and arthritis

By Switzerland Latest Activity November 14 at 6:00 am Views 49 Replies 1

Switzerland

Hi,
I just found this site, so I am new to this community. I have had sciatica for years. I have had physical therapy for each sciatica and arthritis of the neck (I also have it in my hands and lower back). I have arthritis in my neck, hands, and lower back. I have had accupuncture for the neck arthritis. I stopped accupuncture due to the expense.

I was in a car accident little over a year ago. Since then, my lower back will spasm and sciatica in both legs will flare up at times.

I did have one steroid injection in the lumbar area. I was due for a second injection, but it had to be post-poned due to a fractured ankle. Once my ankle is healed, I can have the lumbar steroid injection.

I also recently was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy of the feet.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (1 reply)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Dr Gary
    Dr GaryCA November 19 at 6:43 pm   

Hey Switzerland! So glad to meet you. And welcome. Sorry to hear that you are dealing with all of this pain. I had sciatica myself a few years ago. I have never experienced so much pain. That in combination with arthritis is a lot to deal with. It's a shame that treatments like acupuncture are not adequately covered by insurance since they can be so helpful. I hope you are able to get the second infection soon. Really sorry you are dealing with so much. I am a therapist, so I am all about emotional support. I hope you have people in your life who care about you and are there for you when you need them. Support is power! And I hope you will stay in touch. Let us know how you're doing, my friend.